Sunday, November 25, 2007

How was your Tday?


Mine was wonderful. We spent the morning hours curled up on the couch, watching the parade and drinking chai. We stopped being lazy in time to have meal #1 with my friend and her family at 2 pm. Don't be deceived by the early hour: they had the largest Turkey I've ever seen, stuffed with challah stuffing and accompanied by flawless sweet potatoes, giblet gravy, cranberry and gooseberry sauces, and many more things than I can name. A little bit of everything was the only way to go -- but when pie time came, it was hard to hold back. Mrs. Sorel's pecan pie was perfectly creamy without being too gelatinous; it was the best I've ever had.


After that, we headed over to my parents' house for Tday meal #2, equally delicious and entirely vegetarian. I took way too much delicata squash, cranberry stuffing, wine-braised shallots, cranberry-jalapeno chutney, mushroom-chestnut hash, and (again) other things I can't think of at the moment. Jeez, talk about excess... and of course, we saved room in our already-full stomachs for pumpkin, pecan, and apple-cranberry pies with fresh whipped cream. We also may have taken half a pie home with us. It's all gone now.


Lessons learned: one Tday meal is really, really more than enough. Two Tday meals? Whoa.

Hope you all had a restful and filling T-day weekend. Back to the grind...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You failed to mention that your eyes were peeled looking for me in the parade.